Enrolment in to St LOIUS as a nursing student sitting either for the HND or Bachelors Degree will be a plus to your Career. This course is designed to provide students with skills necessary to function as a Certified Nursing Assistant in a variety of health care settings. Our program introduces students to a variety of skills such as patient care, legal and ethical issues, documentation, anatomy and physiology, and nutrition. Topics include role and responsibilities of the CNA, safety requirements in the patient care field, equipment use and care, performance skills and procedures. Students meeting all academic, attendance, and age requirements may elect to sit for the Competency Evaluation Examination.
The philosophy of St Louis nursing programme at the Bachelors level is built on the foundation of the meta-paradigm concept and constructs of human being /person, health, environment, and nursing/ nursing and the program competencies of human flourishing, nursing judgment professional identity and the spirit of inquiry which the department believes is the unifying core for the profession of nursing. We value integrity, diversity, collaboration, innovation and excellence. The department includes local and renowned scholars, educators and clinicians dedicated to excellent in the per suite of knowledge and discovery of the holistic and compassionate care of the individuals and communities and the professional development of each member of the school within a nurturing environment.
- Practice skilled, personalized, dynamic and comprehensive holistic nursing care in any clinical setting.
- Apply the nursing process in the planning nursing care for clients in the hospital and community settings.
- Utilize scientific principles and problems solving skills to implement nursing actions in hospitals, communities and other settings where health care is provided.
- Exercise sound clinical judgment when making decisions on behalf of the clients assigned to his or her care.
- Demonstrate leadership and management skills in the coordination of nursing care delivery when assuming the team leader position.
- To gradate you must have a grade of ‘C’ or higher in all courses.
- Provide continuing caption opportunities for states registered nurses.
- Educate nurses through professional level through professional and general education to provide professional nursing in a variety of health care settings.
- Student with pass in their ADVANCE LEVEL EXAMINATION issued by the GCE board
- For the degree the student must have taken a three year training course in nursing.
- Obtain an above 50% pass in either the HPD/HND/DSEP Examination and nursing science or other equivalent exams.
- You must submit with the administration a document of medical fitness form the authorized government medical officer to effect attesting that the candidate is physically fit to undergo bachelor of nursing sciences course. other documents to be forwarded for admissions wound be specified in the process.
- English shall be the medium of instruction and examinations for all courses in the programme. All students shall be tested for language proficiency by the Bamenda linguistic center.
- Be of age 17 and above of the year of academic admission
- A minimum grade point average o 2.00 on scale of 4.00.
- Earn credit value of 60.
- Physicians’ offices.
- Nursing care facilities.
- Home health care.
- Employment services.
- Government agencies.
- Outpatient care centers.
- Social service agencies.
- Education, both public and private schools, colleges and universities.