Network Security protects your network and data from breaches, intrusions and other threats. … Network Security involves access control, virus and antivirus software, application security, network analytics, types of network-related security (endpoint, web, and wireless), firewalls, VPN encryption and more.
This programme provides a broad coverage of computer networks, computer security and mobile device technologies. It looks in depth at some of the security issues that fixed and wireless networks are subject to, and the current solutions employed to address these problems.
This course will appeal to computing graduates seeking careers in the network or network security industries, or those who wish to carry on with this topic as an area of research. The School also has a maker space, The Shed, which offers exciting teaching and collaboration opportunities.
- Building a Secure Organization. Real threats that impact cyber security. …
- A Cryptography Primer. Securing data with symmetric encryption. …
- Verifying User and Host Identity. …
- Preventing System Intrusions. …
- Guarding Against Network Intrusions. …
- Ensuring Network Confidentiality.
- Student with pass in their ADVANCE LEVEL EXAMINATION issued by the GCE board
- Good Conduct.
- Be of age 17 and above of the year of academic admission
- English shall be the medium of instruction and examinations for all courses in the program. All students shall be tested for language proficiency by the Bamenda linguistic center.
- Chief Information Security Officer
- Information Security Manager
- Information Security Analyst
- Security Consultant (Computing/IT/Networking)