Worldwide, millions of x-rays, ultrasounds, CT and MRI scans are performed each year. Develop the skills and expertise to become a licensed radiology Technologist, with rewarding medical imaging career opportunities both in Cameroon and overseas
Our Medical Imaging Technology program prides itself on the exceptional links it creates between the classroom and the clinical workplace. You will experience life as a radiology Technologist from the first year of your study, with clinical placements in a variety of settings, including rural, regional and metropolitan hospitals and private radiology practices. With access to radiography and ultrasound training labs on campus, you will practice your technical skills and learn from experienced medical imaging professionals.
In Medical Imaging Technology, you will:
- Gain hands-on radiography experience at some of best Hospitals and Medical Imaging centers in Cameroon
- Discover the perfect combination of theory and hands-on experience in all the leading modalities of diagnostic imaging, preparing you for productive, in-demand careers in a variety of medical and health care service environments
- Have access to state-of-the-art facilities and labs
- Gain extensive relevant experience through a year-long clinical program coupled with online classes to reinforce what you learned through the clinical experience
- Learn with a diverse group of students from all over the region, as we are the pioneer institutions in Cameroon in the training of medical imaging Technologists
- Join a dedicated, collaborative group of students who support one another throughout the program
- Work closely with faculty who provide you personalized academic and career advising
- Find an ideal job quickly, as employers actively recruit our graduates
Our imaging programs will prepare you for a successful career, demonstrated by a nearly 100 percent pass rate on national certification exams within our Allied Health majors. If you are determined to work in health care and are looking for a supportive, inclusive learning environment, our Allied Health programs will be a great fit.
- Physics for Medical Diagnostic Imaging
- Introduction to Medical Diagnostic Imaging
- Patient Care and Management
- Skeletal Radiography
- Radiographic Technique Medical Imaging Equipment
- Radiographic & Cross Sectional Anatomy
- Contrast media and special radiographic examinations
- Computed Tomography
- Radiologic Pathology and Image Interpretation
- Picture Archiving and Communication System.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Nuclear Medicine
- Radiation therapy
- Research Project
- Student MUST pass the GCE ADVANCE LEVEL EXAMINATION or BAC, Science Inclined
- Good Conduct.
Successful completion of our Diploma enables you to practice as;
- Specialist practitioner in areas like Radiography, CT, MRI, ECG, digital subtraction angiography (DSA),Diagnostic Medical Sonographer, Radiation therapist, Nuclear medicine Technologist in;
- Hospital Imaging Center
- Emergency Clinic
- Breast Imaging Center
- Radiography Education
- Outpatient Radiology Center
- Primary Care Clinic
- Forensic Lab.
- Veterinary Practice
- Mobile Imaging Services
- Sales and service of Radiology Equipment
- University Research Labs